Teabags and coffee grounds
Teabags and coffee grounds, including loose tea leaves go in your food and garden bin. Coffee filters go in your general waste bin.
Please note that food waste can’t be recycled at any of the Recycling Centres across Greater Manchester. This is because the Recycling Centres are not licensed to accept food waste.
If you use a kitchen food caddy, only use compostable liners with the seedling logo with reference code EN13432 to make sure they are compostable.
Compostable liners are available from some councils and most supermarkets.
Food waste that can be recycled at home includes:
- raw or cooked meat and fish, including bones
- raw or cooked fruit and vegetables
- leftovers from your plate
- rice, pasta and beans
- bread, cakes and pastries
- dairy including egg shells