Raw or cooked meat and fish, including bones
Raw or cooked meat and fish, including bones, can be recycled in your food and garden bin.
Food waste can’t be recycled at any Recycling Centres. This is because the Recycling Centres are not licensed to accept food waste.
If you use a kitchen food caddy, only use compostable liners with the seedling logo with reference code EN13432 to make sure they are compostable.
Compostable liners are available from some councils and most supermarkets.
Food waste that can be recycled at home includes:
- raw or cooked fruit and vegetables
- leftovers from your plate
- rice, pasta and beans
- bread, cakes and pastries
- dairy including egg shells
- teabags and coffee grounds