See how recycling is sorted from over a million homes.
A visit includes:
A tour of the Materials Recovery Facility
- See how your plastic bottles are sorted using machines called Aladdin
- Find out how glass bottles and jars are given a clean using cyclones
- Watch how we turn your aluminium drinks cans and foil into biscuits (not suitable for eating)
A selection of tailored interactive activities
- Right Stuff Right Bin – Which bin is which?
- Rubbish to Resource – Where does it all go?
- One Earth – Why does it matter?
Visits are suitable for:
- Primary school classes (Year 3 and above)
- Guide and Scout groups (7 years old and above)
- Secondary and Higher Education students studying environmental and STEM subjects
- Further Education students studying environmental and STEM courses
- Adult community groups
Not in education or part of a community group?
You can still visit us on one of our public Open Days! Visit our events page to see the next available dates.