Recycle for Greater Manchester’s Gallery
The prize draw is open to pupils of primary schools in the Greater Manchester waste contract area. This does not include Wigan as they are not part of the Greater Manchester Waste contract. Two checks for residency will be carried out in the process outlined below.
• Individual children can only submit one entry per calendar month.(Draw period).The following constitutes one entry: A photograph (up to 2gb and preferably landscape) of an entrant’s piece of work which could be of a drawing/painting /piece of writing /poem or a photograph of recycling action in place at home (as examples) . This must be the sole work of the child entering the gallery competition. They may receive help in producing the photograph of the work.
• All entries to be submitted via the R4GM (Recycle for Greater Manchester) website. The entry will be held in an offline holding area until approved and then will be pushed onto the live site
• Entries must not feature entrants’ full names – only their first name and age.
• The entry form will require the participant to tick the District in which they live in Greater Manchester (Bolton, Bury, Manchester, Oldham, Rochdale, Salford, Stockport, Tameside or Trafford). This is to confirm that the entrant lives within the Greater Manchester Waste Contract area. If the participant ticks “other”, their entry can be uploaded to the gallery but it will not be entered into the monthly prize draw (as per 1:2 above).
• The entrant will need to supply an email address of an adult who lives with them. This is to enable contact to be made to make arrangements to receive the monthly prize if they are that month’s winner. This email address will also be used to send an email to confirm that the address has been used to upload an entry onto the Gallery.
• The responsible adult must tick the “permission” boxes.
o Parent or guardian has read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the gallery entry and prize draw
o Parent or guardian has given their consent to the processing of the child’s personal data for the purposes of promoting the artwork and administering the competition.
o Parent or guardian opts to agree that the image may be used on social media platforms including the first name and age of the child. : (if this option is not ticked, it does not prevent the entrant from being included in the prize draw).
For more information on how we will process your child’s personal data for the purposes of promoting the artwork and administering the competition, and how you can help them to exercise their data rights, please read our privacy notice.
• Entries must not feature photographs or names of real people
• Entries must not feature brand names or logos unless it is the R4GM logo
• A winner will be selected on the first day of each calendar month during the running of the prize draw from all eligible entries received during the previous calendar month and will be selected by random.
• The winning entries are final, there is no appeal system and no correspondence will be entered into.
• The winner will receive a prize of a Recycling Superhero teddy bear or alternative of recycling goody bag (if teddy is unavailable). No cash or other alternative prizes will be available.
• The winner will be notified using the email address (of the adult living with the winning entrant) given when submitting their entry. Following contact by email, an address will be required and must be supplied in order to send the prize by post. (This is acknowledging the claim of the prize). At this stage, the postal address will be checked to ensure that the winner is a resident of the Greater Manchester Waste Contract area. If this address does not match the District on the entry form, this entry will be disqualified and a second draw will take place for that month. This address will be kept in a secure location until the prize has been posted. This address and email address will be used for that sole purpose and will be deleted as soon as the prize has been posted.
• The prize must be claimed (as above) up to 14 days after the close date of each months’ competition. If no address for posting the prize is received before 14 days, the prize for that month’s competition will be randomly selected again from eligible entries. The alternative draw will only occur once more per month.
• An individual child may enter a new entry every month should they wish to do so but in the event that the random prize generator generates the same child in subsequent draws, this same child will be only be eligible to win the prize a total of 3 times in any one calendar year.
By entering the Gallery prize draw, participants give agreement for the
details of winners (first name and age only) and their entries to be shared via the R4GM website and associated media channels (see 1.3).
This could include, but is not exclusive to, the Recycle For Greater Manchester Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels (own managed social media page) and offline materials.
GMCA as Recycle for Greater Manchester (“R4GM”) of 1st Floor, Broadhust House, and 56 Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6EU
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are incorrect, damaged or delayed regardless of cause, including, for example, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) responsibility for the entrant failing to comply with any of these terms and conditions, any terms of acceptable website use, guidance and/or other conditions which may apply to any of R4GM’s or GMCA websites or any other websites relating to the competition
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) contain inappropriate, harmful or otherwise unsuitable usernames;
(e) entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
(f) contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition
R4GM reserves the right to change or cancel this prize draw at any stage and without prior notice, if it deems necessary, or if circumstances arise outside of its control.