Hardcore and rubble

You can take hardcore and rubble to a recycling centre.

You are limited to the amount of rubble you can take in one visit. The limit is five (900mm x 600mm) rubble sacks per visit. Residents of Greater Manchester are able to dispose of rubble if they have carried the work out at home by themselves.

This includes:

Do not put rubble or soil in any of your bins at home.

Any waste produced by tradespeople or builders you hired to carry out improvements, repair or alterations to your home is classed as business waste and can’t be disposed of at any of our recycling centres. Always ask a tradesperson to include waste disposal in their quote.