You have recently applied for a free charity tipping permit on the new online permit system, and your application has been approved by your local council. You are now required to complete a Duty of Care Waste Transfer Note.
This is a legal document and you MUST complete the Duty of Care note to be able to use the tipping facility.
How to complete your Duty of Care note
Please follow instructions below and once we have received it, your permit will be sent to the email address on your application form.
You are required to complete a separate Duty of Care note for each shop/premises and each different type of waste.
- Open this link to the Duty of Care Note and save the document on to your computer
- Complete Section A, B and C
- In section A: Donated Household Waste – please tick one box only and send a separate Duty of Care note for each waste type from each shop/premises
- In Sections B & C: please tick the declaration boxes that you confirm the waste hierarchy has been applied – Regulation 12 of the Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011 says that businesses that import or produce, collect, transport, recover or dispose of waste, or who operate as dealers and brokers, must take all reasonable measures to apply the waste hierarchy when the waste is transferred. The Waste hierarchy ranks waste management options according to what is best for the environment and gives top priority to preventing waste in the first place
- In Section C: Vehicle registration number – please leave text as VARIOUS (this allows for changes to vehicles in the future)
- Email a separate copy for each waste type as a ‘Word’ document to GMCA – GMWaste@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk
- GMCA will get your Duty of Care note/notes signed off by Suez at the waste facility who will then email it back to GMCA
- Once GMCA has received this, we will issue your permit and return your completed Duty of Care note/notes to you for your records
Please keep copies of all Duty of Care Notes at the charity premises and in the vehicle/s used to carry your waste
Please contact us by email at GMWaste@greatermanchester-ca.gov.uk or phone on 0161 778 7110 if you have any questions.