From the 1st December 2021, you will need a permit if you are visiting your local Household Waste Recycling Centre to dispose of household waste using your own van, pick-up truck or a twin axle trailer

Use the link below to find out more information and apply for your permit. Please note: you will need to provide a copy of your V5C form (logbook) and current proof of address.

Please note: visitors using a standard car or a vehicle adapted for wheelchair users do NOT need a permit to use the Recycling Centres unless you intend to visit with a twin axle trailer.

Van and twin axle permit


A palace fit for Recycle-King

Fort made out of recycled materials and cardboard

Congratulations to Abbie and her younger brother Max who are March’s gallery winners.

Abbie, aged 7, and Max made a castle from cardboard boxes, paper, parcel tape, toilet rolls and ice lolly sticks. We think it’s a palace fit for a Recycle-King!

Our Recycle for Greater Manchester gallery has had lots of entries over the last few months from children across the city-region.

Do you want to share a recycling project with us?

Take a photo of something your child has done relating to recycling at home – it could be a picture or poster, a poem, or a sticker. It could even be a photo of your recycling bins being used correctly at home.

We will display their work in our gallery and once a month a winner will be chosen from all the entries in each month. Please upload a landscape photograph.

Recycle for Greater Manchester