Virtual session: How to recycle right and reduce your food waste
Throughout March, we are helping residents of Greater Manchester to reduce the amount of food waste they throw away and to recycle food waste correctly through campaigns and virtual sessions.
With tips on how to plan your food shopping, store food correctly and then use your food caddy/food and garden bin for all your scraps.
Primarily aimed at adults but all ages are welcome!
We will also take you on a virtual tour of the Materials Recovery Facility
- See how your plastic bottles are sorted using lasers
- Find out how glass bottles and jars are given a clean using cyclones
- Watch how we turn your aluminium drinks cans and foil into biscuits (not suitable for eating)
Wednesday 24th March 2021
2pm to 3.30pm
How to book
- The event is open to Greater Manchester residents only (excluding Wigan).
- We are using Microsoft Teams as our platform – we will send you a link and instructions on how to join.
- Numbers for each event are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
In your email, please include:
- Your name
- Contact telephone number
- The council area you live in
- The number of children attending and their ages (if applicable)