Every September thousands of events are organised across England to celebrate our fantastic history and culture. It’s your chance to see hidden places and try out new experiences – all of which are FREE to explore.
Have you ever wondered what happens to your recycling after it has been collected?
Here’s your chance to go behind the scenes at our Materials Recovery Facility at Longley Lane in Manchester to see how recycling is sorted and separated from over a million homes.
A tour of the Materials Recovery Facility
- See how your plastic bottles are sorted using near infra-red lasers
- Find out how glass bottles and jars are given a clean using cyclones
- Watch how we turn your aluminium drinks cans and foil into biscuits (not suitable for eating)
How to book
- Numbers for each tour are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Visit is open to Greater Manchester residents only.
- Visitors between 7 and 18 years old must be accompanied by an adult. Sorry no under 7 year olds.
- This event is free of charge.
Book your place by telephone or email.
Location: Manchester Education Centre, Longley Lane, Sharston M22 4RQ
Contact: Education Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Telephone: 0161 778 7109