See how general waste from Bolton is turned into electricity to power 14,000 homes.
A visit includes:
A tour of the Energy Recovery Facility
- Look inside the furnace which reaches temperatures up to 1100°c
- Find out how emissions are controlled with the help of ammonia, carbon, lime and 5m vacuum bags.
- Look up the 60m chimney which was looked after by the one and only much loved local celebrity, Fred Dibnah himself.
A selection of tailored interactive activities
- Right Stuff Right Bin – Which bin is which?
- Rubbish to Resource – Where does it all go?
- One Earth – Why does it matter?
Visits are suitable for:
- Primary school classes (Year 3 and above)
- Guide and Scout groups (7 years old and above)
- Secondary and Higher Education students studying environmental and STEM subjects
- Further Education students studying environmental and STEM courses
- Adult community groups
Not in education or part of a community group?
You can still visit us on one of our Public Open Days! Visit our events page for dates available.