From the 1st December 2021, you will need a permit if you are visiting your local Household Waste Recycling Centre to dispose of household waste using your own van, pick-up truck or a twin axle trailer

Use the link below to find out more information and apply for your permit. Please note: you will need to provide a copy of your V5C form (logbook) and current proof of address.

Please note: visitors using a standard car or a vehicle adapted for wheelchair users do NOT need a permit to use the Recycling Centres unless you intend to visit with a twin axle trailer.

Van and twin axle permit




Keep up to date with the latest recycling news as well as lots of handy hints and top tips on how you can waste less and recycle more.

Latest News

  Apply now for free van permit at waste and recycling centres New free permit being introduced from 1 December for residents who drive vans, pickups or twin-axle trailers to take rubbish to the recycling centres Permit scheme will give residents a pass to show at recycling centr....
Van Permit graphic

Recycle for Greater Manchester